Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mid life crisis, or I'm going nuts..

      I never understood what people meant when they said mid life crisis, but now I think I do, as it's what I am dealing with now, or I'm just plain losing it.
      I usually am content to be at home, being a mom, a housewife and just managing the daily things that go along with that. Granted, I've always had the feelings of thinking I could do more, or be more, but whenever I sat down and thought it out, circumstances, money, situation and whatnot sort of put things in their place to be what they are now and I would be able to accept and move on. Lately though, this just isn't enough, I can't shake some of the odd feelings I keep having, the constant thoughts running through my mind and the overwhelming urge to just run off and "do". Do what you ask, well, not exactly sure on that..
      Lately, I am just getting the feeling that my life is being wasted, passing me by. I am 32 years old now, soon to be 33, and I have little to show for it. Yes, I have wonderful children, a stable relationship, a place to live and alot of what many people don't have. I should be content with that, but I'm not anymore. I have no life, no friends. I see people posting or talking about family get togethers, going out with friends and I can't say anything like that. I have noone to talk to, noone to go do anything with. I try to make friends, but all I can meet are the users who just need me when it's convenient for them. I have no job, no career. I have a lot of skills and a background in art, but I have nothing to put them to use in. I used to paint and sell, but it lately just seems pointless. 
      I also have this overwhelming urge to just jump in and do things I never saw myself doing, like adult things..I'm not usually that way, normally I can take or leave sex, but it's been on my mind a lot here as of late. Not the actual doing it, but of new things, odd for me things. Things I never thought that I would want to do.
      I look at my life and it's just suddenly not enough, i want to go out and do, have more, see more. I want to travel to places, join expeditions, go to places where disasters have happened and help. I always thought about this, but knowing it's just not possible was enough to take my mind off it, but not lately. It's constantly on my mind, and the frustration of knowing I can't do anything about it is killing me. I'm stressed, irritable, barely sleep. It seems everywhere I turn it's just complicated. Sure, go back to school and get a degree. Ok, I don't have the money for it, can't seem to apply for a loan, the recruiters suddenly start hounding the crap out of you, and for what. The job market is so bad here you're better off flipping burgers. Get a job, ok..Have noone to watch my kids, I couldn't get a decent job making much money, and in the end would just be wasted. Noone to watch the kids means no traveling, going to school, or trying to better myself in some way. Enhance my "adult" activities..how? David doesn't seem to interested, tried to find forums, personals and gotta pay for them, or noone in my area. It's just frustrating to have so much running through my mind, only to find a locked door every time.
      Maybe it's depression, maybe a mid life crisis, maybe it's just me being a whiner. Why though, does everything have to be so complicated, rough or impossible. Not so much that, as why can't I get past it. I usually am the strong one, the one who doesn't have these kinds of problems, but now I do and have noone or anywhere to turn for help. Maybe way down, that is the problem. I am normally strong and lately feel week, inadequate, and that scares me. Ah, just whining, i'll hush and get over it..lol

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Its like Oh my god I am all grown up and I forgot to have fun along the way, or you spent so much time having fun you forgot to grow up. You just cant figure out which it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I just forgot to have fun along the way..or don't know what fun is, one or the other..

    ReplyDelete